Wednesday, April 7, 2010

iPad and USB ports

One of the most common reasons that I see mentioned when people talk about reasons for not buying an iPad is the lack of USB ports. My question is why?

What do you need them for? To add storage? I have access to my iDisk via wifi. I have access to my MacBook Pro via wifi. I have access to my home computer via wifi. I do file transfers to/from each of these devices using ReaddleDoc (there are other apps that do this as well but ReaddleDocs is my favorite).

Do you want to add a printer? There are numerous apps that allow direct wifi printer of printing via a computer with a printer connected.

Do you want to add a keyboard? One word - Bluetooth

Do you want to add a camera. The iPad camera kit will take case of this and allow you to connect a camera via USB or a memory card reader.

So is this a case of 'I really need USB ports, or 'I think I need USB ports (because I just do).

No comments:

Post a Comment