Friday, January 28, 2011

Disabled man rescued from fire by Facebook


Disabled man rescued from fire by Facebook

by CBS
Posted on January 20, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Updated Thursday, Jan 20 at 4:42 PM
A disabled man is crediting Facebook for saving his life after a fire suddenly started in his kitchen.
"I was online playing one of these games through Facebook and I just started typing, 'This is not a joke, I need help, there's a fire in the kitchen. Can someone please call the Spokane Fire Department.' and I put my address on the internet," says Bob Chambers.
Chambers says a toaster strudel became stuck in the toaster causing a small fire. He has had muscular dystrophy his entire life and can't move. So when the fire started he turned to Facebook.
"The host of the group I'm with wrote back, 'Are you joking?' And I said, 'No.' And four or five minutes later he said they're on their way," Chambers recounts.
Chambers suffered minor smoke inhalation and was taken to a local hospital, but is recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment